Whether you are new to sportives or not, these tips can help you out on the day of the event.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/9n
What are your hints and tips for a beginners to sportives? Share them in the comments below?
Ex-Professional Cyclists Dan Lloyd and Matt Stephens are here to help with some great tips and tricks for sportives!
- Selecting gears. Change into an easier gear before you come to a halt. It will make starting again much easier
- Stopping. It sounds easy, but it can be tricky especially when climbing on a steep gradient, remember to warn others on your intention too, take a look over your shoulder to let anyone else know.
- Route. Programme it into your head unit, this will help you with your progress as well as letting you know if you deviate from the route.
- Group Riding. If you are not used to riding in a group, leave sufficient room from the rider in front.
- One handed riding. You will need to eat and drink to maintain energy levels. Without being able to ride single handedly it will make your ride very unpleasant and possibly dangerous to yourself and others.
- Feed Stations. It's tempting to have a long rest, but don't. Grab what you need and then continue. Otherwise your legs can start to feel bad when you start riding again.
If you'd like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here's the link ? http://gcn.eu/9o
Watch more on GCN...
10 Ways To Improve Your Average Speed On The Bike ? Cycle Faster! ? http://gcn.eu/1SjDOhh
What Should You Eat And Drink When Cycling? ? http://gcn.eu/29AnjhH
Body Music - Per Ljungqvist,
Donnie Dragon - Fredrik Nyberg
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D?Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube?s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia: http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi?zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
YouTube Channel - http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook - http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Google+ - http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter - http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!
6 Sportive Tips For Beginners